Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Journey Begins

Well, tomorrow we will begin a 30 day journey to lose 30 pounds. This sounds impossible, but with encouragement from our friends, and knowledge that there are 18 others doing this with us, I am going to give it everything I have to give. My first obstacle is coming up this weekend. I am taking the boys camping Thursday and we have a big potluck on Saturday. This is CampTN's "Christmas in July" camp out and our potluck is going to be Christmas dinner, complete with turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes and all the trimmings. My biggest enemy when it comes to losing weight is lack of self control, and boy do I lose any self control I might possess when it comes to buffets. This potluck is going to be one big buffet! I am going to be needing the prayers of those of you following this blog especially on Saturday night. I have borrowed a scripture off of Emily Oldham's blog and I will be relying on this one heavily during the next 30 days. Proverbs 16:3 says "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." I know that I cannot succeed alone in this 30 day challenge, but if I earnestly give this project to God, I will be victorious. The trick is going to be "committing to the Lord" and not trying to rely on myself, or letting "Bertha" tell me how hungry I am or how miserably I am failing.
I will post that I have 87 lbs to lose, but I am not comfortable enough with myself to post my starting weight. You will have to figure that out when I have achieved my goals and post my ending weight! lol
Thanks for following along with us! I will keep you posted!

0 comments:

Murder by Diet   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP