Thursday, July 22, 2010

Still Trudging Along

We had our first official weigh-in on Monday, and I was down 5.5 pounds...not bad, but not as good as the 7.5 I'd been down the day before. I was very proud of the 8.75 inches I'd lost, but the scale has been see-sawing back and forth since day one, and it's really starting to get to me.

There is an overall downward trend, and the sensible part of me knows that's what matters, but it still sucks to get on and see your hard work tipping the scale in the wrong direction. The obvious solution, of course, would be to not weigh every day...but Wii Fit fusses if you don't, and I like seeing those little foot prints on the calendar marking my dedication. I'm also afraid that if I don't keep myself accountable each day, I'll really blow it, and not be able to recover within the week.

Today has especially been rough, and it's only 10 a.m. I will admit it; I'm sitting in bed, pajamas still on, typing this. My grand total of activity this morning has been to get out of bed, talk to my dad on the phone for a half-hour, and then down a chips-ahoy 100 calorie pack for breakfast before retreating back to my little online sanctuary. I've been sneezing my head off since yesterday morning, so I especially look like crap, and all Bertha wants to do is grab the rest of those cookies and down them while I whine about everything that's wrong with my life.

I'm not going to, of course. I'm going to get my butt out of this bed and go do some form of exercise. I really, really, really want to get through The Firm Ultimate Fat Burning Workout (which I totally did on Tues, even though Bertha told me I couldn't) but I'm just not sure I have it in me. So I'll maybe pull out my "Dancing of the Inches, Sizzling Salsa" and do it, because it's so terrible that it makes me laugh. And I could use a laugh right now. Wish me luck! Bertha's being a real brat today, but I'm not going to let her win.

0 comments:

Murder by Diet   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP